Custom Kinesis tubeless rims 22mm deep 24mm wide true disc rim made from high strength 6061 alloy
Future proof and adaptable Kinesis UK Machined hubs
10/11spd and XD compatible free hub
Predictable and capable overall package
The new and improved Kinesis CX disc wheel is redesigned to incorporate sealed high quality Japanese bearings, Centerlock disc mounting, Thru axle compatibility and XD driver use.
• Rims: Tubeless ready clincher . 28h, 24mm wide, 19mm internal width, 22mm deep true disc-specific profile, High Strength 6061 alloy T-6 heat treated.
• Hubs: Rear: 9mm QR / 142 x 12mm Thru axle. 7075 alloy, High quality, 11spd. 3 pawl alloy freehub. 4 large sealed bearings, centrelock disc mount. Front: 9mm QR / 15mm / 12mm Thru axle . Lightweight 7075 alloy, double sealed bearing, Centrelock disc mount.
• Spokes: double-butted stainless steel, with black anodised alloy nipples. 28h 2-cross build.
• 11 speed ready Shimano freehub (with adaptor spacers for 9/10speed included)
• Weight: Front: 750g. Rear: 890g.
NOTE: When fitting thru axle adapters it is probably with most shimano systems that you will need to use an oversized disc lock ring.
NOTE: In order to fit tubeless tyres to these wheels, please apply tubeless rim strip and valves. Then seat the tyre and seal according to the manufacturers instructions.
Spoke Lengths Click Here
Some historical spec on our loved previous version wheels is below :
This 3rd generation, lighter, stronger CX disc wheelset is a real advance on previous versions and has a completely re-profiled rim section, with eyeletted spoke holes and pinned joint.
The wheels are 151g lighter for the front and 94g lighter at the rear, saving a total of 245g where you will really notice it.
We have designed these wheels to work perfectly with our ‘Crosslight Pro6‘ frameset and they are a great partner for any of our disc bikes.
The 11spd freehub is interchangeable to allow the use of Shimano or Campagnolo gearing.
V3 spec :
Rear: 9mm QR. 7075 alloy, High quality, 11spd. 3 pawl alloy freehub. Alternative Campag compatible freehub available. 4 large sealed bearings, 6 bolt disc mount. Front: 9mm QR. Lightweight 7075 alloy, double sealed bearing, 6 bolt disc mount.
Triple-butted Stainless Steel, with Grey anodised alloy nipples. 28h 3-cross build.
28h, Clincher. 24mm width, 22mm depth, true disc-specific profile, High Strength alloy.
Front: 740g. Rear: 900g.
Kinesis has a great reputation for delivering high performance at low prices, and these versatile wheels are no different.
The shallow disc-specific rims mean no extra braking surface weight, so they feel ultra-responsive through the fast engaging freehub.
The wide tubelessready rims support 35mm cyclo-cross tyres at low pressures and fatten up 25mm and 28mm rubber noticeably.
Mid-tension differential driveside/brakeside/offside spoking gives them a forgiving but not flaccid feel, and they stayed totally true throughout a serious test battering.
Centre-lock rotor mount adaptors are included and axle conversion kits are available.